For those who haven't heard, we've been approved for TWO little angels, one boy and one girl. We're hoping to get them as young as possible, but with the length of the adoption process, they'll be at least a year old before we bring them home. Currently, we're waiting for referrals, so we can get more details - a picture, current estimated age of each child, and a bit of medical background. However, our referrals are probably still 6 months away.... who knew waiting was so hard!
The biggest challenge is that I'm stuck until I know their ages! I want to just run out and get strollers (a single or a double?), carseats (along with a bigger car... gulp!), bedroom furniture, (hmm, how many kids can we squeeze into a bedroom?). And don't even get me started on little girl clothes (and hair bows, shoes, accessories)!!!! Adorable!! But, alas, no decisions can be made until we know ages. Overflowing with excitement, but no outlet for it yet! (I think even adoptive moms-to-be go through a nesting stage!!)
In the meantime, I'll keep reading up on preparing for toddler adoptions - and enjoying the three amazing kids I already have! Not to mention savoring every night of uninterrupted sleep, and lazy mornings of sleeping in! It's definitely the little things! :)
We had to have a crib ready for our homestudy last October, to show where our little one would sleep (our original plan in Oct. was to only adopt one child). I've included a few pics, because I love it - and because it's the only preparation I've been able to do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment